← Back Home
[Last Updated: 03/06/2020]
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide
We collect information from you in connection with your application.
Information we collect includes:
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information,
- Username and password,
- Work authorization status,
- CV, résumé, cover letter, previous work experience and education information,
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities,
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits and certifications held,
- Information relating to character and employment references, and
- Any other information you elect to provide to us (i.e., employment preferences, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, awards or professional memberships).
Consistent with applicable law, we may ask questions about race/ethnic origin, gender, and disability of our applicants, for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance. We may also inquire about criminal records following a conditional offer of employment, where permitted by applicable law. Except as specifically requested or legally required, we ask that you avoid submitting information in your application which may qualify as sensitive information under applicable law. Sensitive information includes data about race, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, age, gender identity, sex life or practices or sexual orientation, marital status, medical or health information (including disability status), genetic or bio-metric information, bio-metric templates, political or philosophical beliefs, political party or trade union membership, veteran status, photographs, background check information, judicial data such as criminal records or information on other judicial or administrative proceedings.
Any information you submit through the Careers Portal or which you otherwise share with our HR Recruiters must be true, complete, and not misleading. Purposely submitting inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information may lead to rejection of your application during the application process or, if identified after employed with the company, disciplinary action including immediate termination of employment. In addition, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
If you provide us with personal information of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to us. By providing that personal information, you are affirming that you have obtained such consent.
Information from Other Sources
For the purpose of background check reports in connection with your application, and as permitted by applicable law and/or with your consent, Van Pool Transportation will obtain information about you from other sources:
These other sources may include:
- Your references,
- Prior employers,
- Educational institutions you attended,
- Credentialing, licensing, and debarment status.
BASIS FOR COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect and process information about you for one or more of these reasons:
- You voluntarily provide this information and consent for us to process it,
- This information is necessary to take steps at your request prior to your employment,
- This information is of importance to us, and we have a specific legitimate interest under law to process it,
- To comply with a legal obligation, or
- Where necessary to protect the vital interests of you or any person.
Where the collection or processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time to the extent permitted by applicable law.
USE OF INFORMATION
The information that you submit on the Careers Portal or otherwise share with our HR Recruiters will be used for Van Pool Transportation’s personnel recruitment, management, and planning purposes, as permitted by applicable law:
- To process your application
- To assess your capabilities and qualifications. We may use automated programs for proactively sourcing of candidates by evaluating candidates’ career profiles against job requirements, resulting in a pre-selected candidate pool; for job applicant screening by evaluating candidate responses to assessments, resulting in deselection of candidates who do not meet minimum requirements. In countries where the law allows, you may exercise your right to have human intervention, to express your point of view and to contest the decision by contacting us. Please see the “Choices and Access” section below. We may also create a profile about you based on your capabilities and qualifications which can be used to identify additional professional opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- To conduct reference checks.
- To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you about your application, and to send you information regarding the Careers Portal and changes to our terms and policies.
- To comply with or monitor compliance with any applicable law or regulation.
- To conduct background checks, as allowed by local laws, if we offer you a position, and
- To preserve other legitimate interests, for example, for Van Pool Transportation’s administrative purposes, aggregate management reporting, internal training, and as generally required to conduct our business within Van Pool Transportation and its affiliates.
Consistent with applicable law, the information about you will be added to our Careers system(s) or database(s) and can be retained and used to consider you for opportunities at Van Pool Transportation and its affiliates other than the one(s) for which you apply. We may contact you by email or by phone about other opportunities that may be aligned with our needs and your interests. If you do not wish us to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we hire you, personal information we collect in connection with your application may be incorporated into our human resources system and used to manage the new-hire process. Any such information can become part of your employee file and used for other employment-related purposes.
Providing personal information to us through the Careers Portal or to our HR Recruiters is voluntary, but necessary for the recruiting process. Consistent with applicable law, if you do not provide the minimum requested information, Van Pool Transportation may be unable to consider your employment application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer or relocation.
DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Van Pool Transportation shares personal information of candidates with its affiliates that are involved in evaluating candidates for available positions. Van Pool Transportation will remain responsible for personal information that is jointly used with affiliates.
We will limit access to such personal information to personnel that need to know the information for the purposes described in this Policy, including personnel in the recruiting, human resources, and information technology departments, and in the department responsible for the position for which you are applying. Van Pool Transportation also shares personal information with approved third-party service providers to facilitate the services they provide to us, including hosting and operating the Careers Portal, recruiting assistance, and background check processing.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
We also use and disclose your personal information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- To cooperate with law enforcement. For example, when we receive law enforcement requests and orders.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions,
- To respond to subpoenas or other judicial orders from competent courts of law, and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others,
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy. The criteria used to determine our retention periods may include one or more of the following: (a) as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you; (b) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (c) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as with respect to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, audits, or regulatory investigations).
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you register on the Careers Portal, you may access, review, and change your personal information stored therein by logging into the Careers Portal and updating your account information, as appropriate. The updated profile will be used as the default the next time you apply for a job using your account online. To change personal information that you have already submitted for consideration for a specific position, please update your profile and resubmit your application for that position. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
Where permitted by applicable law, you may request to review, access, correct, update, restrict, suppress, or delete your personal information; request that we cease using your personal information, as permitted by applicable law; or request a copy or portability of your personal information. You may make any such request by contacting us as indicated below in the “Contact Us” section. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law, and if any circumstances cause delay in our response, you will be promptly notified. If you make such a request, please make clear what personal information you would like to access or have changed, whether you would like to have personal information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information.
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the e‑mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may also need to verify your identity before processing your request. Please note that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations.
The Company will implement appropriate administrative, physical, and technical measures to protect personal information consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations. When the Company retains a third-party service provider to store or process personal information, that provider will be assessed for their ability to meet industry standard security measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the personal information.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Careers Portal is not intended for minors in any jurisdiction. Please know that you will be required to prove you are over the working legal age in your state to continue in the talent selection process.
CURRENT PERSONNEL OF VAN POOL TRANSPORTATION
If you currently work for Van Pool Transportation or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Van Pool Transportation to use the Careers Portal. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with the HR Director for the new position concerning application eligibility, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
The Careers Portal is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
If you have questions or requests, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time in order to address future developments of Van Pool Transportation, the Careers Portal, or changes in industry or legal trends. The “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Policy indicates when this Policy was last revised.